Ladies Garden Journal – Summer House Stitche Workes
This product is for the fully kitted series.
Kitted on 32 ct. Conferate Gray and 32 ct. Beige from Weeks Dye Works – on a Zweigart Base. We have requested that Weeks dye us a custom batches of Confederate Gray and Beige for us on the Zweigart Base for this gorgeous kit. Kit will include enough fabric to stitch all 6 pieces and the name plate.
If you fully kit with us (all 6 charts, floss, fabric, and finishing kit), we are including as gifts a sweet little micro fiber lens cleaning cloth and the wonderful floss tag that Beth had made especially for the series. I love that floss tag! I’m going to turn mine into a necklace when I’m finished. I love the vintage look!
And we are covering the shipping for you! So if you kit with us for the full beautiful gorgeous journal display, you’ll be getting the micro fiber cloth, the fabulous floss tag, and the shipping for free!
The first chart is available now and linen is on its way. We hope you’ll stitch this beauty with us. Beth is a wonderful finishing teacher, and the finishing kit and instructions for this are fantastic. You can do this! And better yet, we’ll video ours for you and we’ll do it together!
From Beth at Summer House Stitche Workes: So many things inspired this series, from my Grandmother’s flower gardens to early 20th century periodicals, but I have always had a soft spot for Edwardian gardening journals. Every time I would see one, I would think, “How can I turn that into cross stitch?” Here is your answer! So, take a stitching walk with me through a whimsical garden and meet the flowers that live there. First on our list is Sweet William, one of three “Gentle-blooms.” With the Finishing Kit, you can turn your needle-sketches into your own gardening journal. And just for fun, don’t forget to add the series floss fob!
6 total titles
• Fabric: 32 ct. Confederate Gray (1, 3, 5) & 32 ct. Beige (2, 4, 6 & Cover) from Weeks Dye Works. I recommend a 10″ square for each of the Flowers and an 8″ square for the Cover design.
• Floss: Classic Colorworks / number of skeins for series / DMC conversion
1. Mulled Berries / one / 3350
2. Four-Leaf Clover/ three / 3013
3. Milady’s Teal / two / 318
4. Hickory Sticks / two / 433
5. Blue Corn / three / 414
6. Tennessee Red Clay / two / 3712
7. Queen Bee / two / 676
8. Licorice Red / three / 321
9. Grasshopper / three / 167
• Stitch Count: for flowers: 89 (w) x 89 (h) / for cover design: 64 (w) x 64 (h)
• Finishing Kit Contents:
1. 8 – unfinished wooden boards
2. 7 – precut to size mat boards
3. 4 yards twill tape ribbon
4. Journal Cover design chart
5. Finishing Instructions
Also included at no charge for the full kit: Micro fiber cleaning cloth and beautiful floss tag.